Object Oriented Programming Using Java - Jun 2014
Computer Engineering (Semester 5)
TOTAL MARKS: 100
TOTAL TIME: 3 HOURS (1) Question 1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any four from the remaining questions.
(3) Assume data wherever required.
(4) Figures to the right indicate full marks. 1 (a) Explain features of JAVA.(7 marks) 1 (b) What is constructor? Explain constructor overloading with example.(7 marks) 2 (a) What is Multithreading ? Explain Life Cycle of Thread with example.(7 marks) 2 (b) Explain following with example:
1. Super keyword.
2. Final keyword(7 marks) 2 (c) Explain Following:
1. Garbage Collection
2. Short Circuit Operators.(7 marks) 3 (a) Explain Dynamic method dispatch with proper example.(7 marks) 3 (b) Explain package and interface with Example.(7 marks) 3 (c) What is an Exception? Explain Exception handling in JAVA.(7 marks) 3 (d) Explain thread Synchronization with join() and isAlive() methods.(7 marks) 4 (a) Answer Following:
1. Benefits of Generic types.
2. Explain Java Beans.(7 marks) 4 (b) Explain Delegation Event model. Also Explain use of Adapter class.(7 marks) 4 (c) Differentiate the following:
1. Text I/O v/s Binary I/O.
2. String class v/s StringBuffer class.(7 marks) 4 (d) Explain life cycle of Applet. Create a simple Applet having a message ?Hello?.(7 marks) 5 (a) Create an applet having a circle which is moving from left to right and reflected back from right to left continuously.(7 marks) 5 (b) Explain Layout Manager.(7 marks) 5 (c) Create an applet that having three scroll bars for three colors red, green and blue with minimum 0 and maximum 255 values. The background color of applet changes depending on the value of the scroll bar at that time.(7 marks) 5 (d) Answer following:
1. Collection in JAVA.
2. Features of Map Interface(7 marks)