Web Application Development - Jun 2015
Computer Engineering (Semester 6)
TOTAL MARKS: 100
TOTAL TIME: 3 HOURS (1) Question 1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any four from the remaining questions.
(3) Assume data wherever required.
(4) Figures to the right indicate full marks. 1 (a) Give full name of following acronym.
(1) CGI (2) WAP (3) SOAP (4) RSS (5) XSL
(6) HTTP (7) XML (8) FTP (9) DOM (10) DHTML
(11) DTD (12) WML (13) ISP (14) TCP(7 marks) 1 (b) List Five Tags in HTML. Write code to display following table.
2 (b) (i) HTML and XHTML(4 marks)
2 (b) (ii) GET and POST(4 marks)
2 (c) What is Document Object Model? Explain the various objects in Document
Object Model.(7 marks)
3 (a) Develop XML document that will hold player (Like Cricket) collection with
field for player-name, age, batting-average and highest-score, write suitable
document type definition and schema for the XML.(7 marks)
to validate the email address with example.(7 marks)
3 (c) Explain following XSL element with example.
1. If mouse left button pressed on browser it displayed message 'Left Clicked'.
2. If mouse right button pressed on browser it displayed message 'Right Clicked'.(7 marks) 4 (a) Explain RSS and Blog.(7 marks) 4 (b) Explain Cookie in PHP.(7 marks) 4 (c) What is web service? What is the role of SOAP in Web services?(7 marks) 4 (d) Explain session in PHP.(7 marks) 5 (a) Write PHP program to read text file.(7 marks) 5 (b) Write PHP code for database connectivity. Apply insert and delete operation with proper example.(7 marks) 5 (c) Write a PHP program to upload image. And also check file size should not greater than 30 KB.(7 marks) 5 (d) Write a PHP program to insert data in table. And also display data on browser with proper tabular format.(7 marks)