Advance Computing Technology - Jun 2015
Computer Engineering (Semester 7)
TOTAL MARKS: 100
TOTAL TIME: 3 HOURS (1) Question 1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any four from the remaining questions.
(3) Assume data wherever required.
(4) Figures to the right indicate full marks. 1 (a) Discuss cluster categorization in detail.(7 marks) 1 (b) Which are the characteristics of a good resource sharing algorithm?(7 marks) 2 (a) Discuss the components used to build clusters.(7 marks) 2 (b) Answer the following questions.
1. What are the benefits of using heterogeneous clusters?
2. What is metacluster? How is metacluster made secure?(7 marks) 2 (c) Which are the services provided by resource management and scheduling?(7 marks) 3 (a) Define Grid Computing. Discuss building blocks of Grid in detail.(7 marks) 3 (b) Which design features are required at the data and computational fabric of the Grid?(7 marks) 3 (c) Explain the certification authority model of Grid.(7 marks) 3 (d) Discuss any three scenarios that accelerate the emergence of Virtual Organizations. Also mention the similarities and differences between these scenarios.(7 marks) 4 (a) Explain Grid applications in detail.(7 marks) 4 (b) Explain layered Grid architecture using diagram.(7 marks) 4 (c) Discuss Amazon EC2 in detail.(7 marks) 4 (d) Mention all the features that are expected from each PaaS solution.(7 marks) 5 (a) Which common features of Cloud Computing can benefit organizations? Discuss each feature in detail.(7 marks) 5 (b) Discuss private and public clouds along with similarities and differences.(7 marks) 5 (c) Which are the characteristics that have to be in place for SaaS to be commercially Viable?(7 marks) 5 (d) Discuss key areas related to security and privacy of data in cloud.(7 marks)