Question Paper: Embedded System Design Question Paper - Dec 17 - Electronics Engineering (Semester 7) - Mumbai University (MU)
Electronics Engineering (Semester 7)
Total marks: 80
Total time: 3 Hours
(1) Question no. 1 is compulsory
(2) Attempt any three questions from remaining five questions
(3) Draw neat diagrams wherever necessary
Explain the significance of uCOS-II functions
1(b) Interrupt handling of Cortex-M3
1(c) Compare black box and white box testing
1(d) Explain CAN extended protocol format with suitable diagram
Design a vegetable vending machine which dispenses vegetables to customer. For this develop,
- i) FSM which describes the functioning of the system
- ii) Hardware block diagram
- iii) List of components with justification
- iv) Design challenges and suggest solutions
2(b) What are the different features of Cortex M3 and explain its impact on design, development of hand held devices.
3(a) What need is of debug and trace facility? How Cortex M3 support it?
3(b) What are the features of MSP430 make it low power device. Draw diagram of MSP 430 basic clock module and give its details.
4(a) Define FSM. Explain and draw FSM for tea-coffee vending machine
4(b) What is an inter process communication?Explain the various IPCs used in RTOs.
5(a) What is data structure? Explain various data structures in detail.
5(b) What is shared data problem? Explain the solutions to avoid shared data problem.
6(a) Explain need of Zig-Bee in wireless sensor networks. Describe the functional model with hardware block diagram.
Write a short note on
- Role of watch-dog timer in embedded system
modified 6 months ago
written 7 months ago by