Question Paper: Cryptography And System Security Question Paper - May 17 - Computer Engineering (Semester 7) - Mumbai University (MU)
Cryptography And System Security - May 17
Computer Engineering (Semester 7)
Total marks: 80
Total time: 3 Hours
(1) Question 1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any three from the remaining questions.
(3) Make suitable assumptions whenever necessary and justify them
(4) Each question carries equal marks.
Use the Play fair cipher with the keyword: "MEDICINE" to encipher the message "The greatest wealth is health".
Explain key rings in PGP.
Briefly define idea behind RSA and also explain
1) What is the one way function in this system?
2) What is the trap door in this?
3) Give Public key and Private Key.
4) Describe security in this system.
Explain DES, detailing the Feistel structure and S-block design.
Consider a Voter data management system in E-voting system with sensitive and non-sensitive attributes.
1) Show with sample queries how attacks.(Direct , Inference) are possible on such data sets
2) Suggest 2 different ways to mitigate the problem.
Explain Diffie-Hellman Key exchange algorithm with suitable example.
What are Denial of Service attacks? Explain any three types of DOS attacks in detail.
IPSec offers security at n/w layer. What is the need of SSL? Explain the services of SSL protocol?
What are the types of firewalls? How are firewalls different from IDS.
What are the various ways in which public key distribution is implemented. Explain the working of public key certificates clearly detailing the role of certificate authority.
Why are Digital Signatures & Digital certificates required? What is the significance of Dual Signature.