Artificial Intelligence - Dec 17
Computer Engineering (Semester 7)
Total marks: 80
Total time: 3 Hours INSTRUCTIONS
(1) Question No. 1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any three from remaining five questions.
(3) Assume suitable data if required.
(4) Figures in brackets on the right hand side indicate full marks.
- a) Give PEAS description for an Autonomous Mars Rover. Characterize its environment.
- b) Give the initial state, goal test, successor function, and cost function for the following problem "You have to colour a planar map using only 4 colours, in such a way that non two adjacent regions have the same colour".
- c) Draw and explain architecture of Expert System.
- d) Explain Hill-climbing algorithm with an example.
- e) Convert the following propositional logic statement into CNF: i) A->(B<-->C)
- i) Horses, cows, and pigs are mammals.
- ii) Bluebird is a horse.
- iii) Whoever can read is literate.
- iv) Every tree in which any aquatic bird sleeps is beside some lake.
- v) Anything anyone eats and is not killed by is food.
- i) Draw the Bayesian network.
- ii) How many independent values are required to specify all the conditional probability tables (CPTs) for your network?
At each step of the search algorithm, show which node is being expanded, and the content of fringe. Also report the eventual solution found by the algorithm, and the solution cost. Assuming the straight-line distance as the heuristics function: h(S)=10.5, h(A)=10, h(B)=6, h(C)=4, h(D)=8, h(E)=6.5, h(F)=3, h(G)=0.
- i) What are steps involved in natural language processing (NLP) of an English sentence? Explain with an example sentence.
- ii) Draw and explain the basic building blocks of Learning Agent.
- iii) How will you convert the propositional logic statement into CNF? Give a suitable example at each step.