Artificial Intelligence - May 17
Computer Engineering (Semester 7)
Total marks: 80
Total time: 3 Hours INSTRUCTIONS
(1) Question 1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any three from the remaining questions.
(3) Make suitable assumptions whenever necessary and justify them.
(4) Each question carries equal marks.
- a) Define AI. What are applications of AI?
- b) Define heuristic function. Give an example heuristics function for 8-puzzle problem. Find the heuristics value for a particular state of the Blocks World Problem.
- c) Compare Model based Agent with Utility based Agent.
- d) What are the problems/ frustrations that occur in hill climbing technique? Illustrate with an example.
- e) What is supervised learning and unsupervised learning? Give example of each.
Whoever can read is literate. Dolphins are not literate. Some dolphins are intelligent.
- i) Represent the above sentences in first order predicate logic(FOPL).
- ii) Convert them to CNF
- iii) Prove that "Some who are Intelligent cannot read" using resolution technique
- i) Steps in Natural Language Processing
- ii) Decision Tree Algorithm with an example
- iii) Genetic Algorithms