Factors affecting the airport operating capacity:-
Following are the various factors which affects the airport operating capacity:
- Characteristics of the aircrafts using the airports.
- Sizes and number of gates used in the apron area.
- Number and location of the taxiways, configuration and runway exits.
- Availability and structure of the air-space for the purpose of arrival and departure routes.
- Nature and existence of the navigational aids.
- Noise abatement procedure.
- Runway occupancy time for operation of arrival and departure of aircraft.
- eather conditions and wind conditions
- Techniques used by the controller to operate the runway system
- Frequency and existence of occurrence of wake vortices.
- Number of arrival with respect to the number of departure.