Figure1: Circuit diagram
Figure 2: Input Waveform
Figure 3: Output Waveform
- Figure 1 shows Series Negative Clipper with Positive Bias Voltage Connected in Series, when Vin= 0 diode will be forward bias, till Vin reaches 1V output voltage will be 1V and when Vin > 1V then Vo = Vin +1 V as shown in Figure 2.
- During negative half cycle diode will be reverse biased hence output voltage will be zero.
Figure 4: Circuit Diagram
Figure 5: Input Waveform
Figure 6: Output Waveform
- Figure 4 shows Positive Clamper with positive bias.
- During negative half cycle diode is forward biased which makes diode short circuit and capacitor starts charging.
Hence voltage across capacitor becomes $V_C$= 5 + 2 = 7V and output voltage $V_O$ is 2V.
- During positive half cycle diode is reversed biased hence voltage at output terminal becomes $V_O = 5 + V_C$ = 5 + 7 = 12V.