Limitations of Pelton wheel turbines:
- These turbines require large operating heads.
- To generate a given output power under a smaller head, the rate of flow through the turbines has to be higher which requires an increase in the jet diameter.
- Overall the size of the pelton wheel turbine is large and the setup appears bulky.
- Variation in the operating heads is very difficult to control.
- The efficiency of these turbines reduces with the time.
- The operating head cannot be utilized even when the variation in the tail water level is relatively large when compared to total head.
Please log in to add an answer.