Applications of RFID
- Auto makers have added security and convenience to automobiles by using RFID technology for anti-theft immobilizers and passive entry systems.
ii. Animal tracking:
- Ranchers and livestock producers use RFID technology to meet export regulations and optimize livestock value.
- Wild animals are tracked in ecological studies, and many pets who are tagged are returned to their owners.
iii. Assets tracking:
- Hospitals and pharmacies meet tough product accountability legislation with RFID; libraries limit theft and keep books in circulation more efficiently.
iv. Contactless commerce:
- Blue-chip companies such as American Express, Exxon Mobile, and MasterCard use innovative form factors enabled by RFID technology to strengthen brand loyalty and boost revenue per customer.
v. Supply chain:
- Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, and other retailers have discovered that RFID technology can keep inventories at the optimal level, reduce out of stock losses, limit shoplifting, and speed customers through check-out lines.
Please log in to add an answer.