Ans: Network Management Design Issues are:
1. WSN is a wireless network that has limited resources and supports Adhoc architecture. Because of these restrictions on the WSN systems, the middleware, applications, network protocol, sensor node operating systems must be designed with care.
2. To utilize and manage the network resources in WSN need to Use network management. The reasons for using network management in WSNs In comparison to traditional methods are as follows: A) Network management is used in WSNs to collect the resource level of devices to deploy a resources efficient and adaptive algorithm e.g.: for switching a sensor node from one state to another its power requirements should be known. The standard traditional methods do not support these features. B)The WSN sensor nodes have an adhoc architecture .The network management system is used to compute the system parameters. C) To provide an optimum and efficient system performance the sensor nodes should Co-operate and collaborate with each other. Network management helps to achieve Efficient system performance.
3.To assure that the correct area is being monitored , the WSN applications must have knowledge about the coverage area. If an uncovered area is detected than topology management can be used.
The different methods to increase the coverage area are
A. Shift the sensor nodes to obtain equal distribution.
B. Increase the radio power of the sensor nodes.
C. Increase the sensor nodes deployment density.
4. Simple network management protocol (SNMP) is used in WSNs for managing the Network devices like hubs, switches, routers etc.
5. The agents are independents in the network devices. Also there is no collaboration between the agents.
6. Telecom Operation Map (TOM) is for network and service management for network operations. For service management it provides a layered architecture such that every layer manages a different management function.
7.Before we design the network management tools for WSNs we shouid consider the design isssues, firstly we shouid have knowledge about the WSN management functions.
8.SNP supports five management functions. They are a)Performance management b)Configuration management c)Accounting management d)Fault management e)Security management
9.TOM supports following management functions. A.Service management B.Network management C.Network element management
10.Every layer in TOM realizes different management functions. WSN requires only some of these management functions. Thus, WSNs required alayered management architecture such that every layer performs a different function.
11.For device security WSNs require energy _ efficient key management algorithms. WSNs require to have knowledge about their coverage and also abot power distributed to the different sensor nodes data management.
12.For obtaining this knowledge it needs new management functions that are different from those in traditional networks.
13.WSN management architecture issue should be carefully observed.
14.We know that the network management platform comprises of the agent, manager and the management information base (MIB)
15.The agent resides in network devices or managed elements.
16. A network management system can have multiple management such that every manager is responsible for managing the modules of the complete network.