Microcell zone concept helps in improving capacity of a cellular system ,Justify
C. Microcell zone concept:
- The increased number of hand off, increase load on the switching and control link because of sectoring. A solution to this problem is given by microcell zone concept
- Large control base station is replaced by several lower power transmitters on the age of cell.
- The mobile retains the same channel and the base station simply switches the channel to a different zone site and the mobile moves from zone to zone.
- Since a given channel is active only in a particular zone in which mobile is travelling, base station radiation is localized and interference is reduced.
- The advantage of zone cell technique is that while the cell maintains a particular coverage radius, co-channel interference in the cellular system is reduced. As the large central base station is replaced by several lower power transmitters on ages of cell. Decreased co-channel interference improves signal quality leads to increase in capacity without degradation in trunking efficiency caused by sectoring.
- Decrease co-channel interference which leads to an improvement in signal quality and also leads to an increase in capacity. No degradation of trunking efficiency.
More antennas are required.
Base station need to be more sophisticated to handle transfer of call from one zone to another zone within the cell.
Please log in to add an answer.