Mumbai University > Electronics Engineering > Sem 6 > Embedded System and RTOS
Program validation and testing
- For Complex system, it is necessary to carry out testing that ensure system's intended function.
- There are numerous techniques available for software testing.
- These techniques generate a comprehensive set of tests to ensure the proper functioning of the system.
- The question may be raised in mind that how much testing is sufficient.
- We cannot test the program for every possible combination of inputs there are two types of testing methods.
Black box methods : It checks the system or generates a set of input without knowing the internal structure of the system
White box methods : As the name specifies, this method knows the internal structure of the system and generate the test inputs accordingly.