Civil Eng > Sem 8 > Design and Drawing of Reinforced Concrete structure
Question: State the conditions under which the following foundations are preferred: a) Isolated. b) Combined. c) Raft
ADD COMMENT • link •
- Isolated footings are provided under each column.
- These may be square, rectangular or circular in plan.
- This type of footing is preferred when only single column is appearing in the foundation plan of a particular project.
- Combined footing supports two or more column loads.
- These may be continuous with rectangular or trapezoidal in plan.
- Need: - i) When the isolated footing overlaps. ii) When the exterior column is close to the property line such that isolated footing cannot be provided.
ADD COMMENT • link
Please log in to add an answer.