- Isolated footings are provided under each column.
- These may be square, rectangular or circular in plan.
- This type of footing is preferred when only single column is appearing in the foundation plan of a particular project.
- Combined footing supports two or more column loads.
- These may be continuous with rectangular or trapezoidal in plan.
- Need: - i) When the isolated footing overlaps. ii) When the exterior column is close to the property line such that isolated footing cannot be provided.
Please log in to add an answer.