- The mobile phone has the potential to become a generic platform, or gateway to, the complete range of communication services, which may include voice, data, video, multimedia and internet browsing.
- There are several areas in which capability enhancements to the present 2G or 2.5G digital cellular networks are needed.
- There include higher system capacity,high data rate transfer, improved voice quality and better standardization.
- Therefore next generation cellular network must incorporate the possibility of using much higher data rates when needed.
- On the other hand, there is no need to use higher data rates for normal telephone quality voice communication.
- There is lack of standardization in the 2G cellular network.Moreover backward compatibility is still required with analog AMPS system if a mobile phone is to be used in rural area.
- It would be certainly useful to have one worldwide standard for the 3rd generation cellular technology.
Please log in to add an answer.