1. Introduction and Overview of Graphics System:
- Definition and Representative uses of computer graphics, classification of application areas, Overview of coordinate systems ,definition of scan conversion, rasterization and rendering.
- Raster scan & random scan displays, Flat Panel displays like LCD and LED , architecture of raster graphics system with display processor, architecture of random scan systems.
2. Output Primitives :
- Scan conversions of point,line, circle and ellipse : DDA algorithm and Bresenham algorithm for line drawing, midpoint algorithm for circle, midpoint algorithm for ellipse drawing ( Mathematical derivation for above algorithms is expected )
- Aliasing , Antialiasing techniques like Pre and post filtering , super sampling , and pixel phasing ).
- Filled Area Primitive: Scan line Polygon Fill algorithm, Inside outside tests, Boundary Fill and Flood fill algorithm.
3: Two Dimensional Geometric Transformations
- Basic transformations : Translation , Scaling , Rotation
- Matrix representation and Homogeneous Coordinates
- Composite transformation
- Other transformations : Reflection and Shear
- Raster method for transformation.
4. Two Dimensional Viewing and Clipping:
- Viewing transformation pipeline and Window to Viewport coordinate transformation
- Clipping operations – Point clipping , Line clipping algorithms : Cohen – Sutherland , Midpoint subdivision , Liang – Barsky , Polygon Clipping Algorithms : Sutherland – Hodgeman, Weiler – Atherton.
5. Three Dimensional Object Representations , Geometric Transformations and 3D Viewing
- Boundary Representation and Space partitioning representation: Polygon Surfaces , Bezier Curve , Bezier Surface , B-Spline Curve , Sweep Representation, Constructive Solid Geometry ,Octree, Fractal-Geometry : Fractal Dimension, Koch Curve.
- 3D Transformations :Translation, Rotation , Scaling and Reflection.
- Composite transformations :Rotation about an arbitrary axis
- 3D transformation pipeline
- Projections – Parallel , Perspective.( Matrix Representation )
- 3D clipping.
6. Visible Surface Detection
- Classification of Visible Surface Detection algorithm
- Back Surface detection method
- Depth Buffer method
- Depth Sorting method
- Scan line method
- Area Subdivision method
7. Illumination Models and Surface Rendering
- Basic Illumination Models : Diffused reflection, Phong Specular reflection Model
- Halftone and Dithering techniques
- Polygon Rendering :Constant shading , Gouraud Shading , Phong Shading.