the component of .Net framework are describes as follows:
1) Common Language Runtime(CLR):
- CLR monitors the execution of .NET applications and provides essential devices.
- It manages code at execution time.
- It provide core services like remote communication memory management and thread management.
- CLR is equivalent to JVM.
2) Standard system services:
- standard system services like ADO .Net and XML are made universally available and standardized across languages by bringing them under control of .Net framework.
3) User and program Interface
- It includes windows forms that provide powerful user Interface(UT) for web.
4) .Net Framework class library(FCL)
- I(t is a set of managed classes that provide access to system services .
- It is comprehensive and object oriented code of reusable types that can be used to develop UI or web applications.
- file i/p, o/p’s sockets database access remoting are few services of FCL.
5) Common types system(CTS)
- CTS prevents miscasting
- It specifies rules related to data types that languages must follow.
- CLS is a subset of CTS that allows different languages to interoperate.
- CTS is a data log of .Net types.
6) Common language specification(CLS)