For efficient operation and maintenance of safety, the boiler is equipped with certain components which include the fittings that are primarily indicated for the safety of the boiler and for complete control of the process of the steam generation. These units are called mountings. The mountings form an integral part of the boiler and are mounted on the body of the boiler itself.
Following mountings are usually installed on the boiler.
- Water level indicators: To indicate the level of water in the boiler.
- Pressure gauage: To indicate the boiler pressure.
- Safety valve: For the safety of the boiler when the pressure in boiler exceeds the safe working pressures.
- Relief valve: For release of excess pressure from boiler.
- Man hole: Provides access for maintenance.
- Feed check valve: To allow the feed water to pass in the boiler.
Apart from this, there are few other mountings such as fusible plugs, steam stop valve, blow of cock, temperature gauge etc.