A composite material may be defined as multiphase material that exhibits significant proportion of properties of both the materials and it may also have defined as this is judicious combination of two or materials can provide better combination of properties.
The composite materials find variety of applications in all those areas where, high mechanical strength, dimensional stability, corrosion resistance, abrasion resistance etc is desirable. They find following applications.
- Aerospace components such as tell ad wing
- Boat and scull hulls
- Bicycle frames and racing car bodies
- Fishing rods and storage tanks
- Carbon composite material is used for making vehicles and spacecraft’s
- Making mobiles
- Electrical, electronic telecommunication industries