4:1 mux using pass transistor logic
Advantages of using transmission gate logic.
- A CMOS transmission gate can be constructed by parallel combination of nMOS and pMOS transistors, with complementary gate signals.
- The main advantage of CMOS transmission gate compared to nMOS transmission gate is to allow the input signal to be transmitted to the output without the threshold voltage attenuation.
- It allows full rail transition i.e. ratioless logic
- The equivalent resistance is relatively constant during transition.
- Some gates are efficient implemented using transmission gate.
Please log in to add an answer.