written 5.8 years ago by
modified 5.7 years ago
- 4G stands for fourth generation cellular system.
- 4G is evaluation of 3G to meet the forecasted rising demand.
- It is an integration of various technologies including GSM,CDMA,GPRS,IMT-2000 ,Wireless LAN.
- Data rate in 4G system will range from 20 to 100 Mbps.
- Fully IP based Mobile System.
- It supports interactive multimedia, voice, streaming video, internet and other broadband service.
- It has better spectrum efficiency.
- It supports Ad-hoc and multi hop network.
4 G Architecture
- Figure shows Generic Mobile Communication architecture.
- 4 G network is an integration of all heterogeneous wireless access networks such as Ad-hoc, cellular, hotspot and satellite radio component.
- Technologies used in 4 G are smart antennas for multiple input and multiple output (MIMO), IPv6, VoIP, OFDM and Software defined radio (SDR) System.
- Smart Antennas are Transmitting and receiving antennas.
- It does not require increase power and additional frequency.
- 4G uses IPV6 Technology in order to support a large number of wireless enable devices.
- It enables a number of application with better multicast, security and route optimization capabilities.
- It stands for Voice over IP.
- It allows only packet to be transferred eliminating complexity of 2 protocols over the same circuit.
- OFDM stands for Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing.
- It is currently used as WiMax and WiFi.
- SDR stands for Software Defined Radio.
- It is the form of open wireless architecture.
- It provides better spectral efficiency.
- It has high speed, high capacity and low cost per bit.
- Battery usage is more.
- Hard to implement.
MME- Mobility Management Entity
It is used for Paging ,Authentication, Handover and Selection of Serving Gateway
SGW- Serving gateway
It is used to Routing and Forwarding user data packet.
PDN-GW Packet Data Network Gateway
It is used for user equipment (UE) IP allocation
HSS -Home Subscriber Server
It is a user Database used for service subscriber, user identification and addressing
PCRF -Policy and Charging Rule Function
It provide quality of service and charging
eNode B-evolved Node B
It is used as radio resources management and radio bearer control