What is a Website ?
- A collection of web pages and media over the internet is called a website.
- The websites start with a home page, which is followed by some navigation page that is linked by the Hyperlinking between the web pages.
- The website can be published on at least one web server and can be identified by a common domain name.
- For example - ques10.com, google.com, youtube.com.
- All the websites that are accessible publicly come under the World Wide Web (www).
- Most of the websites are dedicated to a particular topic or purpose, for example, education, news, commerce, entertainment, or Social networking.
Website further categorized as Static Website and Dynamic Website.
- Static Websites - As the name suggests, is a website in which pages do not change or remain the same.
- Dynamic Website - As the name suggests, it is a collection of dynamic web pages whose content changes dynamically.
Why Website is Necessary ?
24/7 availability -
- To keep your products available for sale around the clock through a website.
- Customers can buy anytime, and thus beneficial than a traditional storefront.
Customer Friendly -
- It improves the shopping experience of customers, they can buy products from the comfort of their home.
Educate customers -
- It can educate people by providing various informative things.
- The marketing of products and services through a website is less costly than print advertising, TV, and radio advertising.
Broder Demographic Reach -
- A website can help businesses reach people with diverse backgrounds throughout the world.
Develop customer rapport-
- Online presence helps to create and maintain a rapport among customers.
Business Credibility -
- Having a website that is user-friendly and professional looking for your business makes people consider your business more credible than others who don't have a website to represent their businesses online.
- This Creates a Brand Image for business.
Location Flexibility -
- Move business to another location without affecting sales and customers can be possible because the customer still finds a business through the website.
Provide Career Opportunities -
- Job openings for vacant positions can be posted on the website and allow applicants to check job descriptions and apply online.
Personalized e-mail Address -
- It allows you to set up personalized email addresses for employees, companies, partners, etc.
Showcase Your Work -
- Anyone can put their work on display when they have a website.
- This helps to attract potential clients.