1) Creep is a phenomenon in which the material under exposure of load below its yield strength and for very long period of time gets failed.
2) Creep is majorly seen in Heat subjected materials, generally at temperature near to the melting point of material.
3) Some applications requires the creep resistance and the properties of such materials are as follows:
- Material should have high melting point.
- Producing the large grain size and reducing volume fraction of grain boundary.
- Inducing proper alloying element and a proper heat treatment so that it can create obstruction for grain boundary sliding.
4) Grain size should be high else it will be weak in creep, thus recrystallized metal are weak in creep.
5) Temperature decreases the time duration of creep and increases the chances of failure.