- Django is a free and open source, full-stack web application framework, written in Python.
- Django Python is a framework for perfectionists with deadlines. With it, you can build better Web apps in much less time, and in less code.
Django – Design Philosophies
Django comes with the following design philosophies −
- Loosely Coupled − Django aims to make each element of its stack independent of the others.
- Less Coding − Less code so in turn a quick development.
- Don't Repeat Yourself (DRY) − Everything should be developed only in exactly one place instead of repeating it again and again.
- Fast Development − Django's philosophy is to do all it can to facilitate hyper-fast development.
- Clean Design − Django strictly maintains a clean design throughout its own code and makes it easy to follow best web-development practices.
Advantages of Django
Few advantages of using Django which can be listed out here
- Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) Support − Django provides a bridge between the data model and the database engine, and supports a large set of database systems including MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, etc. Django also supports NoSQL database through Django-nonrel fork. For now, the only NoSQL databases supported are MongoDB and google app engine.
- Multilingual Support − Django supports multilingual websites through its built-in internationalization system. So you can develop your website, which would support multiple languages.
- Framework Support − Django has built-in support for Ajax, RSS, Caching and various other frameworks.
- Administration GUI − Django provides a nice ready-to-use user interface for administrative activities.
- Development Environment − Django comes with a lightweight web server to facilitate end-to-end application development and testing.