the component of .Net framework are describes as follows:
1) Common Language Runtime(CLR):
CLR monitors the execution of .NET applications and provides essential devices.
It manages code at execution time.
It provide core services like remote communication memory management and thread management.
CLR is equivalent to JVM.
2) Standard system services:
- standard system services like ADO .Net and XML are made universally available and standardized across languages by bringing them under control of .Net framework.
3) User and program Interface
- It includes windows forms that provide powerful user Interface(UT) for web.
4) .Net Framework class library(FCL)
It is a set of managed classes that provide access to system services .
It is comprehensive and object oriented code of reusable types that can be used to develop UI or web applications.
file i/p, o/p’s sockets database access remoting are few services of FCL.
5) Common types system(CTS)
CTS prevents miscasting
It specifies rules related to data types that languages must follow.
CLS is a subset of CTS that allows different languages to interoperate.
CTS is a data log of .Net types.
6) Common language specification(CLS)
it is set of specifications or guidelines defining a .Net languages.
CLS is a subset objects, CLS defines common types of managed languages.
CLS provides 3 levels of compliance.
components developed in procedure language. specification can be used in any other language.
components developed in consume languages.
components developed in extender language.
It is generic system for communication between difference applications.
These applications can be located on same computers , different computers an same network ,
It is MSAPI for interprocess communication write .Net framework version 1.0
Fig. Remoting process