A ‘green’ building is a building that, in its design, construction or operation, reduces or eliminates negative impacts, and can create positive impacts, on our climate and natural environment. Green buildings preserve precious natural resources and improve our quality of life. when going green that we are able to reduce their carbon footprint and actually lend a helping hand to the environment.
Green buildings are designed in such a way to reduce overall impact on environment and human health by:
i. Reducing trash, pollution and degradation of environment.
ii. Efficiently using energy, water and other resources.
iii. Protecting occupant health and improving productivity.
Ad Environmental Benefits:
• Reduce wastage of water
• Conserve natural resources
• Improve air and water quality
• Protect biodiversity and ecosystems
• Reduce operating costs
• Improve occupant productivity
• Create market for green product and services
Social Benefits :
• Improve quality of life
• Minimize strain on local infrastructure
• Improve occupant health and comfort