- It can be used for coarse grained soils.
- It is used to know the susceptibility curve is required for the design of drainage filters.
- The particle size distribution provides an index to the shear strength of the soil. Generally, a well graded, comparted sand has high strength.
- The particle size distribution curve is required.
- The compressibility of a soil should also be judged from its particle size distribution curve. A uniform soil is more compressible than a well graded soil.
- The particle size distribution curve is useful in soil stablisation and for the design of pavements.
- The coefficent of permiability of a coarse grained soil depends to a large extent on the size of the particles. An appropriate value of the coefficient of permiability can be determined from the particle size.
- The particle size distribution curve of a residual soil may include the age of teh soil deposits.
- The particle size distribution curve may be indicate the mode of deposition of soil.
Please log in to add an answer.