Advantages of digital transmission:
- Immunity to transmission noise and interference.
- Regenerative of the coded signal along the transmission path is possible.
- Communication can be kept “private” and “secured” through the use of encryption.
- It is possible to use a uniform format for different kinds of baseband signals.
- It is possible to store the signal and process it further.
- Digital signals are better suited for processing and multiplexing
- Digital transmission systems are more immune to noise
- Measurement and evaluation of digital signals is simpler.
- It is possible to evaluate error performance of digital systems.
- The required bandwidth is increased due to digital technology.
- System Complexity is increased
- In order to convert the analog signal to digital prior to transmission and then from digital to analog receiver, we need to use the additional encoder and decoder circuit.
- Synchronization is necessary for digital systems (between transmission and receiver clocks)
- Digital transmission systems are not compatible to older analog transmission systems.
Please log in to add an answer.