This system is general used for the unplanned, old towns or cities where there is no given pattern of roads.
• The cost of construction is low
• As the number of valves are less the determination of pressure and discharge is easy
• Laying of water pipeline is simple
• Suitable for localities which expand regularly
• During repairs a large portion of distribution area is affected
• Due to limited discharge in the mains the water available for firefighting will be limited in quality
• Water acquires down due to more storage point