Magic tee (or magic T or hybrid tee) :
- The magic tee is a combination of E and H plane tees.
- Arm 3 forms an H-plane tee with arms 1 and 2.
- Arm 4 forms an E-plane tee with arms 1 and 2.
- Arms 1 and 2 are sometimes called the side or collinear arms.
- Port 3 is called the H-plane port, and is also called the Σ port, sum port or the P-port (for "parallel").
- Port 4 is the E-plane port, and is also called the Δ port, difference port, or S-port (for "series").
- A signal injected into the H-plane port will be divided equally between ports 1 and 2, and will be in phase.
- A signal injected into the E-plane port will also be divided equally between ports 1 and 2, but will be
180 degrees out of phase.
- If signals are fed in through ports 1 and 2, they are added at the H-plane port and subtracted at
the E-plane port.