1) DSP are powerful special purpose 8 / 16 / 32 bit microprocessor designed to meet the computational demands and powerful constraints of today’s embedded studio, video and communication applications.
2) DSP are 2 to 3 times faster than the general purpose microprocessor in signal processing applications. This is because of the architectural difference between the two.
3) DSPs implement algorithms in hardware which speeds up the execution, depends primarily on the clock for the processor.
4) DSP can be viewed as a microchip designed for performing high sped computational operations for addition, subtraction and division.
5) DSP unit having the following key units - Computational Engine, Program Memory, Data memory and I/O units
1) It is an integrated circuit in which two or more processor s core have been packaged for enhanced performance,reduced power consumption and more efficient simultaneous multitasking.
2) In multi core technology architecture ,a single physical processor contains the core logic of two or more processor and these processors are packaged into a single integrated circuit.
3) The multicore technology is mainly used for parallel computing which increases computer speed and efficiency.
4) Multiple processes are used in mobile devices, desktops, workstations and servers.
5) Multicore processors will give the benefits to all software especially for multithreaded program.