Effect of page size on performance
- The number of frames is equal to the size of memory divided by the page-size. So and increase in page size means a decrease in the number of available frames.
- Having a fewer frames will increase the number of page faults because of the lower freedom in replacement choice.
- Large pages would also waste space by Internal Fragmentation.
- On the other hand, a larger page-size would draw in more memory per fault; so the number of fault may decrease if there is limited contention.
- Larger pages also reduce the number of TLB misses.
Please log in to add an answer.