Primary refrigerant :-
Primary refrigerant are those refrigerant fluid, which are directly used in refrigerant.
Primary refrigerant is cooled the substance or specific area directly by absorbing latent heat. i.e this refrigerant directly absorbs heat.
When primary refrigerant system used in refrigeration system then that system is called as directed expansion system.
Primary refrigerant fluid is directly used in refrigerant that means no any chemicals process used before primary refrigerant used in refrigerant.
Primary refrigerant fluid provides refrigeration by undergoing the phase change in evaporator.
Primary refrigerant examples -
- Carbon dioxide (Co2)
Selection of primary refrigerant depends upon -
- Properties of refrigerant, like flammability, toxity, reactivity, chemical stability etc.
- Environment acceptability like Average life, Global warming potentical, Ozon depletion potential
- Cost and efficiency of refrigerants
Secondary refrigerant :-
- Secondary refrigerant are those refrigerant fluid, which are not directly used in refrigerant.
- Secondary refrigerant is cooled the primary refrigerant. i.e secondary refrigerant heat absorption from primary refrigerant.
- Secondary refrigerant is liquid that used for transforming energy from primary refrigerant.
- Secondary refrigerant fluid is not directly used in refrigerant.
- Secondary refrigerant fluid provides refrigeration without the phase change in evaporator.
- Secondary refrigerant are those liquid which transform thermal energy from one place to another place.
Secondary refrigerant examples -