written 4.8 years ago by
modified 4.8 years ago
When sectoring is employed, lot of handoffs is required due to
this load on switching and control link element of the mobile
- To solve this problem, a microcell concept for seven cell reuse is
- In this scheme, each of three (possibly more) zone sites are
connected to single base station. The zone are connected by a coaxial, fibre optic cable or microwave link to a base stations.
- Multiple zones and single station make a cell. As mobile travels
within a cell, it served by zone with strong signal.
- As mobile moves from one zone to another zone in same cell, it
uses same channel, thus like a sectoring, handoff is not required at
mobile switching centre (MSC) when mobile travels within the cell in different zone.
- The base station simply changes the channel from one zone to
another zone, and channel is active in particular zone in which
mobile is travelling, hence interference is reduced.
- The advantage of zone cell technique is that, cell maintains
particular area of coverage, the co-channel interference in cellular
system is reduced, as larger control base station is replaced by
zone transmitter on edge of cell.