written 4.8 years ago by
modified 4.8 years ago
Features of Symbian operating system:
- Real-time: It has a real-time, multithreaded kernel.
- Multimedia support: It supports audio, video recording, playback and streaming, and image conversion.
- Platform Security: Symbian provides a security mechanism against malware. It allows sensitive operations and can be accessed by applications which have been certified by a signing authority. In addition, it supports full encryption and certificate management.
- Internationalization support: It supports Unicode standard.
- Client-server architecture: It provides simple and high-efficient inter-process communication. This feature also eases porting of code written for other platforms to Symbian OS.
- Fully object-oriented and component-based.
- Optimized memory management.
- Flexible user interface design.
- A Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL): This layer provides a consistent interface to hardware and supports device in dependency.