introduction to html
- HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language.
- HTML is the standard markup language for creating Web pages.
- HTML describes the structure of a Web page.
- HTML consists of a series of elements.
- HTML elements tell the browser how to display the content.
- HTML elements label pieces of content such as "this is a heading", "this is a paragraph", "this is a link", etc.
- Currently, we are having an HTML-5 version which is an extension to HTML 4.01, and this version was published in 2012.
Importance of HTML
- HTML is being widely used to format web pages with the help of different tags available in HTML language.
HTML is a MUST for students and working professionals to become great Software Engineers especially when they are working in Web Development Domain.
Create Web site - You can create a website or customize an existing web template if you know HTML well.
Become a Web Designer - If you want to start a carrier as a professional web designer, HTML and CSS designing is a must skill.
Understand Web - If you want to optimize your website, to boost its speed and performance, it is good to know HTML to yield the best results.
Applications of HTML
Web pages development - HTML is used to create pages that are rendered over the web. Almost every page of the web is having HTML tags in it to render its details in the browser.
Internet Navigation - HTML provides tags that are used to navigate from one page to another and are heavily used in internet navigation.
Responsive UI - HTML pages nowadays work well on all platforms, mobile, tabs, desktops, or laptops owing to responsive design strategy.
Offline support - HTML pages once loaded can be made available offline on the machine without any need for internet.
Game development- HTML5 has native support for rich experience and is now useful in the gaming development arena as well.