Six Phases of Database Development Process :
This phase starts when a customer request to develop a system.
This phase include various activities :
- Identify the resources needed to develop the system.
- identify the time limit for the completion of system.
Problem is seen on broader basis.
Analyzes end-user needs.
The analysis phases used to study the current system. The data is collected about system to be developed. The collected data is analyzed and the analysis report is created.
This phase involve major activities :
- Study the current system.
- Determine the user requirement.
- Recommended a suitable solution.
In this phase, the model of the system is prepared .the requirement is collected in analysis phase is translated into logical representation of system.
Three parts :
- Conceptual Model.
- Logical Model.
- Physical Model.
Final design is implemented.
database management system (DBMS) is installed, the databases are created, and the data are loaded or imported.
- We check the tolerance of our software.
- We check the acceptable and unacceptable values.
6. Maintenance Monitoring and Modification
Maintenance goes along with time.
Monitoring the Backup, Security of the system
Updating and upgrading the database (When required)