Database Administrator :
- DBA is an Important person in the development of any information system.
- He is responsible for design, operations, management of database.
- He must be technically competent and good manager
- He should have good communicating skills.
- Managerial skills are important in planning, coordinating and carrying out different tasks.
- Technical skills are required to understand the complex hardware and software issues.
Data Administrator :
- The need of data administrator arises in a very large organization where many database exist.
- Data administrator is responsible for the whole information resource.
- He develops the requirements for database and other non technical functions.
- He also controls the database, communicate with users, plans the development of database, train users and maintain documents.
DA and DBA
DA (Data Administrator) and DBA (DataBase Administrator) both are responsible for managing database for an organization.
But they differ from each other in their required skills and responsibilities.
DA (Data Administrator)
- DA is the person in the organization who controls the data of the database.
- DA determines what data to be stored in database based on requirement of the organization.
- DA works on requirements gathering, analysis, and design phases.
- DA does not to be a technical person, any kind of knowledge about database.
- DA should be some senior level person in the organization.
- In short, DA is a business focused person.
DBA (DataBase Administrator)
- DBA is the person in the organization who controls the design and the use of the database.
- DBA provides necessary technical support for implementing a database.
- DBA works on such as design, development, testing, and operational phase.
- DBA is a technical person having knowledge of database technology.
- DBA does not need to be a business person.
- In short, DBA is a technically focused person.